Jan 15, 2012

Elf Makup Mist & Set Spray


   For those of you who use a finishing spray I have a cheap alternative for you to try. What is a finishing spray you ask?? It is a moisture based spray that you can mist on your face after you apply you makeup to help it last longer. Also it can be used as a mist on a hot day to keep your makeup from running and I also like to spray it on my eye shadow brushes to give my eye shadow a nice boost. If you like to use a loose powder eye shadows this is perfect to spray on your brushes to keep the shadow from having fallout and ending up on your cheeks. I have been using Urban Decays all nighter spray for about a year now and before that I was using Mac Studio fix +. Here is the the product info for elf's studio makeup mist " Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading." That all sounds GREAT to me. I decided to get some considering it was only $3.00 and compare it to my Urban Decay all nighter spray which for a 4 oz bottle is $29.00. When I apply setting spray I always make sure to hold the spray at least 12 inches from my  face and spray in an X formation. The pump  for the elf spray doesn't get as much coverage as the urban decay spray I noticed I had to spray my lower face again (it could have been the way I applied it lol). I like the Urban Decay spray bottle a lot more, I feel like it gets the product on a lot better. The second thing I noticed was the smell. The Urban Decay spray has a bit of a stronger smell than the elf which I don't like. I don't really want my face to have a scent so that is definitely a plus for the Elf spray. As far as the wear there is almost zero difference. By the end of the day using the Elf spray my makeup was still in place and not splotchy or faded. I honestly feel like other than texture these give me the exact same results. Who can beat a $3.00 finishing spray?!  I am thinking about switching out the pumps though if they fit just because I like how nicely the Urban Decay sprays but hey packaging isn't everything! This will be really nice to have and keep in my purse in the upcoming summer months when I get sweaty and gross and for the price I can afford to use it as much as I want. Have you tried this product? Let me know what you think. Xoxo, Catelin.





No comments:

Post a Comment